The function of this position is to provide a high level of competency in leading technical master planning and urban design activities both independently and as one of the leaders of the Manila office. A broader outcome of this position is to support the business development of the master planning team by leading work-winning efforts across different markets and locations, both for existing internal and external clients as well as new ones. The role will require the individual to be a self
starter seeking out through their network and connections new opportunities for growth.
Reporting administratively to the Managing Director of the Manila office and functionally to the EA Board in Hong Kong. He/she will lead a team of 1 to 2 junior or mid-level staff.
The responsibilities/accountabilities of this role include demonstrating confidence, experience and keenness to learn in the following areas of delivery:
- Master planning:?carrying out independent site visits to do SWOT analysis of sites/ developments, development of high level conceptual options, location and layout of master planning land uses, identifying population and GFA demands from master plans through benchmarking of projects, knowledge of current trends and technologies in planning and integrating inputs and outputs with the environmental, infrastructure and transportation planners.
- Urban design: writing and illustrating urban design and concept architecture concepts, explanation and analysis of a project's requirements to develop urban design and landscape guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Architecture: writing and illustrating concepts around different types of architecture, explanation and analysis of a project's requirements to develop project briefs, strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Landscape design: writing and illustrating landscape design and placemaking concepts, explanation and analysis of a project's requirements to develop strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Leadership: Leading (project managing) design projects for both internal and external clients. Leading, taking records at progress meetings, presentations and workshops.
- Business development: Seeking opportunities for further work with clients including identification of opportunities, writing proposals, pricing and determination of resources.
- Design and production of deliverables: Managing self and outputs but that of support staff to prepare high quality, modern looking documents that stands out from the peers due to their presentation style and reporting.
- Responding to ad hoc client and stakeholder requests: Quick turnaround for short planning, urban design exercises.
- Meeting and establishing relationships with local authorities.
- Regular contact with other professionals within discipline across the firm.
- Regular liaison outside the firm with technical specialists, clients, engineers, and local authorities.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, and or Urban Design, preferably with a Masters/Doctorate in urban design, planning or development from a recognized university.
- Relevant years of experience to cities planning at least 10 years solid experience.
- Post graduate experience in residential, campus, CBD architecture or site planning with consultancy or a private developer.
- Will be part of the creation of cities building business.
- Will be part of the management team.
- She/he will be reporting Managing Director administratively (local) and functionally to the Director for Communications (HK)
- Must have strong working background in Urban Planning.
- The employee will be looking at clients and representing the company to the business meetings.
- Sound knowledge of international best practices and demonstration of use of innovative techniques in urban design, urban planning, and sustainable development.
- Individual contributor but willing to handle people.
- Excellent hand drawing skills.
- High fluency in English to write reports and present work to clients/ authorities.
- Excellent Excel skills to develop land use planning scenarios and cost modelling for proposals.
- Strong aptitude and ability to use and software like Autocad, ArcGIS,Sketchup, Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Previous experience of working in a large multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Willingness to travel to various locations at short notice.
- Meticulous and methodical approach to tasks.
- Ability to complete tasks swiftly to meet tight deadlines.
- A demonstrable enthusiasm and ambition to progress into management.
- Age preference but not required:? 40 – 50
- No gender preferences.
- Salary Range: Basic Salary: PHP 200,000 to PHP 300,000
*For faster processing of your application, please send your updated CV to Mark Anthony Caditan,?firstname.lastname@example.org
For real-time updates on our job openings, you may visit our website: picantemex.com/ You may also “like” our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GROWIncPH