An independent firm of over 13,000 designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world. We have had an office in Manila for over 20 years and now have over 100 staff working on local projects in infrastructure, transport, water, energy, city resilience and buildings. We operate within ISO management systems and provide paid leave and healthcare benefits. We work in an integrated and ethical manner to support staff development.
Design and assess bridge structures in accordance with local and international best practice and client requirements.
Reporting to a Project Manager, he/she will undertake the assessment, design and provision of technical advice on bridge structures for road and railway projects.
- Assesses existing bridges against required standards
- Assist and lead sections of work on feasibility studies for proposed projects.
- Develops detailed designs for bridges and associated structures
- Help with development of proposals for new schemes including assessment of risks and scheduling, as part of client advice roles
- Assesses design-related construction problems and erection schemes
- Assist in and lead the development of contract documents, specifications and scope of works for bridge schemes.
- Assist with development of asset management plans including equipment and personnel needs and associated costs.
- Assist with the development of cost estimates for projects.
- Regular contact with other professionals within discipline across the firm.
- Regular liaison with Project Manager and engineers.
- Regular liaison outside the firm with technical specialists, sub-contractors clients and engineers.
- Licensed Civil or Structural Engineer; post graduate studies will be an advantage.
- At least 10 years experience in a similar capacity with specialization in structural engineering and work in bridge engineering.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of civil and structural engineering including the techniques and procedures of design and construction
- Extensive knowledge of the mechanics of materials
- Understanding of related disciplines and inputs to bridge projects such as geotechnical engineering, seismic engineering, environmental engineering and materials engineering
- Extensive knowledge of general analysis and design softwares
- Initiative and technical ingenuity in solving design problems
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
*For faster processing of your application, please send your updated CV to Mark Anthony Caditan,?email@example.com
For real-time updates on our job openings, you may visit our website: picantemex.com/ You may also “like” our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GROWIncPH