The?Senior Java Software Engineer?will be involved in projects for the core Marketplace offerings — key elements such as Templates, Layouts, Categories, Folders, Images, etc. You will be working collaboratively with engineers in the Sydney headquarters, but have autonomy over your projects and deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with designers and product managers to deliver various products and projects.
- Collaborate with the team and bring new ideas to the table
- Engage in technical discussions and the design of? new features Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Communicate with other team members to determine the best solutions to difficult problems
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
We would love it if you had experience in:
- AWS infrastructure
- Search infrastructure (Lucene/Solr, ElasticSearch)
- Horizontal scaling, Heroku, MapReduceBoth SQL and NoSQL stores
- Experience with working on a geographically distributed team, with strategies for keeping in sync with colleagues in HQ.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Must have extensive experience in core Java
- Must have experience in C#, Python, Scala, or C++
- Expertise in concurrency, multi-threading, and cloud
- Deep knowledge of the web stack, networks, and Unix administration
- Work schedule: Dayshift
- Willing to be trained in Sydney, Australia
- Full-Time position(s) available.
- Equity share
- Fitness membership
- Inhouse chefs
- Company trips